Just the musings of a young woman with thoughts to share...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Musings on: Singing

“A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer,
it sings because it has a song.”

I love to sing.  Music is a huge part of my life, and singing is a natural extension of that, I guess.   I'm even a decent singer - I don't think anyone is going to hand me a recording contract, but I can hold my own.

Problem is, I'm scared stiff of singing in front of people.  Well, of actually performing, anyway.  I sing randomly all the time, generally just for the heck of it to annoy people....  *evil laugh*  But as far as just standing up in front of an audience to sing - you want to talk about stage fright.  I've done it - and I always enjoy it after the fact, but that wait before you open your mouth for the first time is sheer terror.

So, that means that the shower and the car get the benefit of my singing skills.  I will admit to having gotten some strange looks at traffic lights - but really, who doesn't sing along with the Eagles?  Isn't that a rule?  I thought it was...

Once I get settled into the college routine, I'm going to take a look at joining the choir, if I can fit it in yet another major time commitment - I've already sold my soul to the drama department!  In the meantime, I'll just have to keep singing because I love it.


Huh.


Maybe that's not a bad thing though, eh?


~Zahrah

P.S.:  Readers, if you're actually out there - please feel free to follow my blog via friend connect, and/or to comment - sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.  Not that talking to myself is at all an unusual state of affairs for me, mind you.  ;)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Any spam, sexual, abusive, trolling, or otherwise offensive posts will not be approved, so please don't even try it. Otherwise, I welcome all comments!